Friday, January 21, 2011

Sauteed Crusted Tilapia

I haven't been updating this blog a lot because I've been using a lot of "repeat" meals with the boys. I'm going to update every time I cook something *new*. Two days ago, I worked with Tilapia for the first time. I love that word...til-a-pi-a...besides being really cool to say, it's surprisingly fast and easy to cook.

Sauteed Crusted Tilapia

It starts with a a flour and spices mixture and a water and egg bath. Similar to the chicken cutlets, you first bathe the fish in the egg bath and coat it with the flour mixture on each side. For an especially thick crust, you can repeat that step a second time. Heat up some oil in a pan and sautee on both sides until the fish is flaky (about 5 minutes). Both the Daisy Picker and Anakin ate this meal without complaint but I think next time I will kick it up a notch with more spices.

1 comment:

  1. Tilapia is definitely one of my favorites. I usually bake it though.

    ReplyDelete