Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Herb Rubbed Pork Tenderloin Medallions

No cutesy names for this meal because I named it after The Daisy Picker (his real name) and I shall not divulge his try identity. You'll just have to settle for his alter-ego. I really enjoyed making this meal because I felt like a true chef. I had to follow instructions that sent me on my first "sear"-ing journey, and also baked the pork tenderloin in a skillet. A skillet–people– something usually reserved for the stove top. (Warning: I didn't get very good lighting on this photo so the colors are a little 'off')

Herb Rubbed Pork Tenderloin Medallions and Corn on the Cob

The beauty of this recipe is its simplicity [which is quickly becoming a common theme in my cooking]. I literally mixed olive oil, thyme, rosemary, garlic, salt, and fresh ground pepper in a tiny dish and rubbed it onto the tenderloin. I seared it on all of it's sides, cut it into 1-inch medallions and put it in the oven for a little over 20 minutes. Voila! Gourmet-on-the-Go.

Critique
The Daisy Picker: 2 thumbs up!
Anakin Skywalker: 1 thumb up

1 comment: