Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Homemade Lasagna

This is where I really start to feel accomplised. What average 22 year old female can boast making a lasagna from scratch. Granted, I did not make my own noodles, nor did I make my own tomato sauce but the rest was my creation. Even the ricotta and herbs mixture was of my own doing. WOOT!

Homemade Lasagna
Both of my boys immediately chowed down! I thought they would because I've previously served them take-out lasagna (I am ashamed to say it) and they really liked that version. I started with a layer of meat sauce, then a layer of noodles, then the ricotta mixture [which included basil and oregano] and finally a layer of mozerella. I repeated that step two more times until the final layer of meat sauce, mozzarella, and Parmesan cheese. Bake in the oven covered for 35 minutes and enjoooooy! [Here it is in all of it's 9 x 2 x 13inch glory but with horrible lighting]

No comments:

Post a Comment