Monday, December 20, 2010

Make-Your-Own-Pizza Night

Hooray for making dinner a fun activity for the boys! The next 2.5 weeks are going to be a little hectic because I have all three kids. Anakin is going to a sports camp for the day tomorrow (as he did today) so the Daisy Picker/Pepperoni/Mom and I are going to get to spend some quality time together.

I can't really take much credit for tonight's dinner since the boys did all the work! Betty Crocker makes some wonderful instant dough (a shortcut, I know, but there is just no time to make homemade when the boys and the baby are underfoot) where you just add hot water. Boboli makes pizza specific tomato sauce, and we decided to use cheese and pepperoni (in honor of our baby girl) as toppings.

Personal Pan Pizzas

The Pizza on the left is Anakin's [he loved both the activity AND the food]. I know it's his because he did the pizza by the book, exactly how I would have done it. The Daisy Picker insisted on no tomato sauce so his pizza is bread, cheese, and pepperoni (add that to the 10-15 pepperonis I let him eat as an appetizer and he ended up being stuffed). To me, that sounds kind of bland but he loved it. It only needed to go into the oven for about 10 minutes so it ended up being a "quick-fix dinner" [the dough didn't have to rise, or anything].

"What are the charred bits on the pan?" you ask. The kids couldn't help but get some cheese and tomato sauce on the cookie sheet but that wasn't a problem because I coated the cookie sheet in a thin layer of olive oil. Hooray for ingenuity and easy clean-up!

No comments:

Post a Comment